Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fresh content, frequent updates important for regular Google indexing

I have come to the conclusion that fresh content and frequent updates are as important to good SEO as are good page names, titles, and keywords in tags. Using Google Analytics, I noticed that when I was updating my (Edit: since deleted website end edit) often, that the bots were indexing me very frequently. When I didn't update for a longish period of time, I found the bots didn't index my site as often. This included the forums.

Another part of my conclusion is that when I updated and the bots were at my site a lot, certain keywords that I was using were coming up higher on page one of Google. When I let the sites sit with no updates, the SERPs dropped down lower on page one. The logical conclusion is that with frequent updates and fresh content, you can keep your pages higher on the SERPs for the big G.

No comments: