Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Welcome to www.OptimizingforSearch.com Blog

My name is Richard Hund. I am a graduate of Bryant & Stratton College in Amherst, NY, and I have an Associate's Degree in Information Technology, and one in Business. I was recently laid off from my job due to cutbacks.

While at the job I held for 15 months before and after graduation, I learned many things about on-page search engine optimization. As part of a small team, I helped to bring the business from a low of second and third page Google results for major keywords, up to page one, and as high as #3 on page one for the best keyword. This was done entirely organic.

This was all in-house SEO (Search Engine Optimization) work, and we started from scratch, learning about the best optimization techniques from many sources, and using trial and error to determine what worked best for us. This process involved many steps including a complete revamp of the site. That was done by someone else, and I can claim no credit for that.

Part of my job was to help create relevant content on site pages, and I created many hundreds of landing pages, each targeting one or more keywords, and certain keyword phrases. I worked Yahoo Answers posting relevant answers and sliding in links to our products that I felt would be of use to people asking the question, and I also used other social media to promote the business.

There are many aspects to SEO, and on-page SEO is one of the most important. By no means is my knowledge complete, but I continue to learn more every day, and strive to use best practice SEO on all of my own sites. So far, I think I'm getting some decent traffic.

Have a good day, and I hope you come back to read more about Optimizing for Search.

No comments: